Updates to Personal Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions
June 27, 2018
The following information was emailed to Personal Mobile Banking users on record and is provided as a courtesy to outline changes to the Terms and Conditions (Agreement) for using Personal Mobile Banking. In the coming days, these terms will be presented to you when logging in to the app.
These Terms and Conditions have been recently updated to include a clear definition of “Endorsements / Indorsements” and standardized requirements for preparation and processing of remote check deposits effective July 1, 2018. This revised Agreement is available to you on our website at www.bankbac.com/disclosures.
The following portions of the Personal Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions have been adjusted as shown below:
Section G: Creating and Transmitting Electronic Items to the Bank.
- The list of items that may not be deposited through Personal Mobile Banking now includes “electronically created items (items not derived from a paper check)”.
Section N: Your Warranties to BAC Community Bank.
- The N.1. portion of this section has been expanded to include definitions of “Endorsement / Indorsement” and “Restrictive Endorsement / Indorsement” as well as clearly stating the need to restrictively endorse checks processed through Mobile Deposit.
THIS SECTION NOW READS:
N.1. You will use the Service only for Paper Items that are payable to, and restrictively endorsed by, you.
- Endorsement / Indorsement means the payee’s signature and/or depository account information on the back of check indicating that the payee has received the check.
- Restrictive Endorsement / Indorsement refers to the above endorsement/indorsement to further include the statement “For Mobile Deposit Only at BAC Community Bank”.
- The N.4. portion of this section has been clarified to better explain how an Exception Item is to be processed, and spells out your guarantee that a paper check deposited through Mobile Deposit has not and will not be deposited by any additional means.
THIS SECTION NOW READS:
N.4. You will not deposit to your Account or otherwise negotiate any original Paper Item from which you have previously created and submitted to us an Electronic Item, unless we have notified you that the Electronic Item is an Exception Item and provided you with specific instructions for processing. By scanning an item for Mobile Deposit you guarantee that the item has not already been deposited and will not subsequently be deposited at another institution and you assume all liability for items remotely deposited into your account.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-877-226-5820.
Thank you for banking with BAC Community Bank.