Financial risks are an inevitable part of business. It is recommended that you perform an online banking and PC security risk assessment and controls evaluation for your business on a periodic basis. This type of risk assessment is simply a careful examination of what could cause financial harm to your business and an evaluation of whether the controls, employee training, and other precautions you have in place are adequate.
Security controls may include the mandatory use of a bank-issued password generating token to provide an enhanced level of PC Security. Some other selected examples of PC Security best practices include:
- Using a unique user ID and password for each employee
- Instructing each employee in the process of constructing a strong password
- Restricting the authority of each user employee to the lowest level to accomplish each task
- Requiring the use of dual employee authorization for high dollar transactions
- Maintaining updated firewalls, anti-virus and anti-malware software for each business PC
- Segregating the eCommerce PC, physically or virtually, from other non-business PC activities