Free Kasasa Cash
Sign up for checking that pays you (instead of the other way around). Free Kasasa Cash® pays really high rates, plus refunds on any ATM fees nationwide.* All you have to do are a few simple tasks that make banking easier (simple things like online banking or Paperless Statements). Do you Kasasa?
- Free checking that pays high interest:
- 2.00% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 0.25% interest rate on portions of balances over $10,000*
- 2.00% - 0.41% APY* on balances over $10,000, depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY if qualifications aren’t met*
- Nationwide ATM fee refunds up to $20 per qualification cycle (maximum $4.99 per transaction)*
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Enjoy unlimited checking
- Link to your Kasasa Saver® savings account for more benefits
- Have your free Kasasa Cash checking rewards transferred to Kasasa Saver for automatic savings
- Free account management services include:
- $100 minimum deposit to open
How to Qualify
Earning your full rewards is easy. All you have to do to qualify are a few simple tasks that make banking easier. To earn your rewards, simply do the following on your Kasasa Cash account each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled in and log in to online banking or mobile banking
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive paperless statements
That’s it! And if for some reason you don’t earn your rewards one month, don’t worry. Your account is still free and you’ll still earn our base interest rate. You can get back to earning your full rewards the very next month you qualify.
For more information:
- Personal Deposit Accounts Fees & Information (PDF)
- Your Deposit Account Agreement & Disclosure (PDF)
All accounts subject to approval. Restrictions and limitations may apply.
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Information and APYs are accurate as of 4/1/2015. Minimum deposit to open Kasasa Cash is $100. Rates and rewards are variable, at any time and at the discretion of BAC Community Bank rates, qualifications, and rewards may change after account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. APY calculations are based on an assumed total account balance of $10,000 plus $100,000.
Qualifications Information: Account transactions and activities may take one or more Business Days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in order to qualify for the account’s rewards. The following activities do not count toward earning account rewards: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by BAC as ATM transactions and purchases made with any debit card issued by someone other than BAC.
Business Day means any day Monday through Friday, provided that the weekday is not on a federal holiday. When a federal holiday falls on a Sunday, the next Monday is not a Business Day.
Statement Cycle means the period of time for which BAC provides a summary of the financial activities and transactions that post and settle to the accountholder’s account. The Statement Cycle ends on the last business day of the month. The Statement Cycle begins on the first calendar day following the last business day of the month.
Monthly Qualification Cycle is a period ending one (1) business day prior to the close of the current Statement Cycle with a new Monthly Qualification Cycle beginning the next calendar day.
Automatic Qualifications and Bonuses: A new customer who opens a Kasasa checking account for the first time may receive the standard rewards (Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back) or a bonus reward (Kasasa Tunes) once without meeting any of the requirements during the initial Monthly Qualification Cycle. This feature is only available to new Kasasa accountholders one time, one pay out, and will not be honored for accounts that convert between deposit products. The automatic qualifications and/or bonuses feature may be discontinued by BAC at any time.
Reward Information: When your Kasasa Cash account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle,
- Balances up to $10,000 receive APY of 2.00% (based on an interest rate of 1.98%); and balances over $10,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on the portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in a range from 2.00% to 0.41% APY depending on the account’s balance, and
- You will receive reimbursements up to $20 ($4.99 per single transaction) for nationwide ATM fees incurred during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in which you qualified. If you believe you have not been reimbursed the correct amount of ATM fees you must contact us within thirty (30) calendar days after the Statement Cycle where the reimbursement was applicable in order to receive a refund.
When Kasasa Cash qualifications are not met,
- All balances in the account earn 0.05% APY (based on an interest rate of 0.05%) and
- ATM fees are not refunded.
When Kasasa Cash account is linked to a Kasasa Saver account: When linked to a Kasasa Saver account, the interest earned within the Kasasa Cash account does not compound since it is automatically transferred to the Kasasa Saver account the day after being credited to your Kasasa Cash account. Consequently, when linked to Kasasa Saver, and your Kasasa Cash qualifications are met, balances up to $10,000 in your Kasasa Cash account receive a non-compounding APY of 1.98% (based on an interest rate of 1.98%); and balances over $10,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on the portion of the balance over $10,000, resulting in a non-compounding range from 1.98% to 0.25% APY depending on the account’s balance. The Kasasa Saver APYs may be less than the Kasasa Cash APYs.
Balance Computation Method: We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a periodic rate to the principal in the account each day for the period. The period we use is the Statement Cycle.
Additional Information: Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, log-ons and other requirements apply. Enrollment in electronic services (e.g. online banking, mobile banking, paperless statements) and log-ons are required to meet some of the account’s qualifications. Limit one (1) account per taxpayer identification number. A Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account is required to have a Kasasa Saver account. A linked Kasasa Saver account is required for automatic savings. There are no recurring monthly service charges or fees to open or close this account. See our Personal Deposit Accounts Fees & Information Schedule for fees that may apply to this account. Contact a BAC service representative for additional information, details, restrictions, processing limitations and enrollment instructions. Member FDIC. Kasasa, Kasasa Cash, Kasasa Cash Back and Kasasa Saver are trademarks of Kasasa, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A.