Mortgage Loan Payment Assistance
Let us help you with your Mortgage Payment.
If you are having difficulty making the payments on your home loan with our Bank, you may be eligible for a loan "workout" or "modification". We have outlined several options available to you that can provide the financial assistance you need. For additional information or to discuss how we can help you, please call our Customer Service Department at (877) 226-5820 (toll free in California). We want to help you keep your home.
Options to Help Avoid Foreclosure
Use Other Sources of Payment Besides your Checking/Savings Account such as:
- Selling stocks or bonds
- Using funds from a 401(k)
- Requesting cash value from a life insurance policy
- Monetary gifts from family or friends
Before you use any of these other sources to pay your home loan, please make sure you understand any penalties or tax issues that may result.
We can work with you to develop a repayment plan for any payments you have missed.
We may be able to modify the terms of your loan. A loan modification could include changing the interest rate, changing the term, or adding delinquent payments to the balance of the loan.
We may be able to develop a forbearance plan with you if you are experiencing a temporary hardship.
What information should I have available when discussing options?
- All Loan Documents
- Current Financial Statement
- Payroll Stubs/Statements
- Recent Tax Returns
- Documentation of monthly expenses
Who can I contact?
- Contact our Customer Service Department at (877) 226-5820 during normal business hours Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. - Noon. This number is valid for BAC Community Bank customers in California.
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to find a HUD-certified housing agency by calling: (800) 569-4287 (toll free).