Business Banking » Savings Accounts
Investor Choice Accounts
Investor Choice Accounts give you an insured way to invest your businesses funds. Whether you want a savings vehicle with liquidity or to invest your funds in a longer term account, we have an account to fit your business needs.
Commerce Money Market1
- Minimum opening deposit: $2,500.
- No monthly service charge with a minimum balance of $2,500. If the minimum is not maintained, a $15 monthly service charge will be assessed.
- Funds are checkbook accessible; withdrawal limitations apply; $12 per debit fee for excessive withdrawals.
- Minimum opening deposit: $100.
- No monthly service charge with a minimum balance of $400. If the minimum is not maintained, a $3 monthly service charge will be assessed.
- Accounts closed within the first 90 days will be assessed a $10 closure fee.
Certificate of Deposits1,2
- Fixed interest rate account - Minimum opening deposit $2,500 - Terms 1 month to 5 years - Automatic renewal at maturity.
Certificate of Deposits Registry Service® (CDARS)
Enjoy $50 Million in FDIC Insurance
What is CDARS®?
CDARS® is a Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service®. And it's the easiest, most convenient way to enjoy access to full FDIC insurance on large deposits.
What makes it so easy and convenient?
Everything is handled through Bank of Agriculture & Commerce (BAC). Your large deposit is broken into smaller amounts and placed with other banks that are members of the CDARS network. Then, those member banks issue CDs in amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum, so that your entire investment is eligible for FDIC insurance. By working with just one bank, you can receive insurance through many.
You earn one rate on your entire investmentso you can avoid multiple rate negotiations and consolidating multiple disbursement checks.
You receive one regular account statement listing all of your CDs, along with their issuing banks, maturity dates, interest earned, and other details. With CDARS, there's no need to manually consolidate statements, track changing collateral values, or use private surety bonds. It's that simple.
How Does CDARS Work?
When you're ready to take advantage of CDARS, here's what happens:
- You enter into one agreement. You sign one simple Deposit Placement Agreement with BAC.
- You select an interest rate and a maturity rate based on current CD options. You agree to a rate and a maturity that best matches your investment goals.
- Funds are deposited. Using CDARS, your funds are submitted for placement at member banks.
- CDs are issued. Member banks issue CDs in denominations under the FDIC maximum so your entire investment is eligible for full FDIC coverage.
- Confirmation is received. You receive written confirmation of your deposits and a listing of all of your CDs.
That's it! Using CDARS is just that easy.
CDARS® (Certificate of Deposit Registry Service) Demo
1For information on interest calculations and payments or additional terms, please refer to account disclosure available from our customer service representatives.
2Certificates of Deposit may have a penalty for early withdrawal; see account disclosure available from a customer service representative
Back to top
Business Internet Banking Services
Back to top